Thursday, December 29, 2011

December in Review

Oh my, how quickly this year has flown by. Let's get to it!

2011 Mileage Recap

January: 66.62
February: 75.69
March: 109.97
April: 103.58
May: 96.99
June: 124.2
July: 151.95
August: 172.61
September: 193.06
October: 125.05
November: 148.0
December: 192.34

Somehow December worked out to be my second highest mileage month of the year, only shortly trailing September. Rock on!

What went well:
December has been a weird month. In terms of the running thing, it was pretty positive. After a two week post-marathon recovery period I started a new plan with a 50-miler in mind. I also decided to switch things up with the plan this time around. So far it's really been working for me. I did have a slip up on week one, which kind of sucked, but sometimes non-running things must take precedence. I re-evaluated the importance of speed work and have begun adding tempo runs back into my training. On Christmas weekend I tackled (and completed!) 21 miles on Saturday and 9 on Sunday for a 30 mile total. It felt super awesome as I head into my first ultra in January.

What didn't go well:
If running went pretty well, everything else really didn't. At least not for the first half of the month. I was a complete stress case between work and finals and a growing to-do list. I finally got my ass in gear mid-month and my attitude began to turn around.

January goals:
I'm going to write a 2012 goal post separately after the New Year. For January, though, I do have some specific goals in mind:
  • I have two races to tackle: PHUNT 50k on the 7th and the Manhattan Half on 21st. Stay tuned for goal posts (and a prep post for the 50k) as those events near. 
  • Make it to one spin or yoga class every week: this is something I've been ignoring, but I need to do it (if only to feel a sense of accomplishment for going). 
  • Keep up swim once a week.
  • Classes start up again on the 12th. Now that I know what I'm up against (after getting through the fall) I'm hoping to transition back into it easily.
  • I have major things to knock off on my wedding to-do list including hotels and save the dates.
  • After a bountiful holiday season I need to re-evaluate my eating habits. Maybe not have dessert every night...
Also, please, please don't forget to VOTE for me to join Team Refuel! Vote 'Kristin Hoeberlein' once a day now through January 15th!


Everyone have a happy and safe New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!