Monday, October 17, 2011

Ode to a Good Pair of Shoes

Tonight I say goodbye to a dear pair of shoes, my Saucony Kinvaras:

le sigh...
Dear Kinvaras, 

We've been through so much together. You were my first pair of minimalist shoes. We sweat it together during my first 20 mile run. You helped me set a new half marathon PR. I wish we could be together forever, but unfortunately, at about 400 miles, you are have come to the end of your life. You will be missed. 

Love, Kristin xoxo


The question now is: what will I replace it with?! I'm debating between the Kinvara 2, which I'm sure I'd love no doubt, and the Nike 3.0 v3:

Oooo so purty
Of course, I don't need to replace it with anything. In fact I may hang back a couple of weeks before purchasing anything new. I've still got a few pairs to work on, as discussed in my minimalist shoe post. The thing about the Kinvaras is that they had become my go-to running shoe out of my five pairs. Fortunately, in the last month I've come to lean on my NB 1400s.


I didn't have a review on them when I wrote my shoe post because I had just bought them, but after almost 100 miles I can tell you that they totally lived up to expectations! I will most likely wear them for the Philly Marathon in 5 weeks. They did get me through 28 of my 34.5 miles at Ragnar last week, so I know they can take a beating!

Oh, and just in case you were wondering how I keep track of all my "shoe miles," this Google Doc comes in handy:

FYI: "PR" stands for my Puerto Rico trip in May
Hmm, looks like I need to give my Green Silence some more love. It's been awhile!

Do you have a "go-to" pair of running shoes? Do you rotate? How do you keep track of your "shoe miles?"


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with the shoe log! That's one thing I'm terrible about - I track miles, but not on which shoes, I just guess based on total miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you keep a spreadsheet of shoe details. I'm not as particular about shoes, but I've logged every run/bike/swim since 2003. I'm Not The Only One!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!