Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Calf-tastrophy

Yet another run missed. After three days off my double runs on Monday felt better. Not great. Not entirely without discomfort, but much better. Alas, this morning I woke up, put on my running clothes and shoes, walked out the door, and immediately turned around and went back inside.

I haven't been entirely honest about the severity of this pain. What started in the far back of my calf at the beginning of September has now slowly moved to the insides of my legs. And this morning I began to feel it more to the front. Somedays I can't feel it at all. Sometimes it hurts even when I'm not moving. Sometimes it's only in the left or only in the right or sometimes in both.

Time to go to the doctor. I can't imagine he/she will tell me I can run a marathon in 4.5 weeks. I'm sure it's shin splints or a stress fracture or something even worse. I can already hear "you can't run for 4+ months" echoing in my head.

Damn, damn, damn.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I am so sorry. I am right there with you, but I hope you'll be able to run soon! For now, definitely go see a doctor and take it easy (I should be telling myself that...). We can do this! Love you,
    Cait

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!