Friday, November 4, 2011

A Photo-Fine Afternoon

Today Mike and I took off early from work to do our engagement photos. I have been really nervous about them all week because I feel like I'm super awkward in forced shots. We decided to do the photos by the Art Museum and Waterworks.

Waterworks
Back of Art Museum


I really wanted to get married there, but it was super expensive. This was a way to get some nice photos there without having to pay the price! In addition, I really would have preferred to get married in the fall, my favorite season, but I didn't want to wait a year and a half to get married and five months was too short. So, again, this was a good opportunity to get some fall foliage photos in without having to plan the whole wedding for this season. 


The weather was absolutely perfect: 55 degrees, sunny, and the leaves had turned, but not fallen! The only downside was that it was rather windy out. Hence the grumpy face below:

Today was not a good day to have bangs
Our photographer was absolutely amazing! I love her! She made us feel totally comfortable and we were able to get in at least ten different locations for shots so we will have a lot of variety. We did a mix of architectural shots with the Art Museum and Waterworks (I heart architecture) and a bunch over the river and with the foliage as a backdrop. The timing ended up being perfect as well. If we had scheduled it after this Sunday (Daylight Savings) we definitely wouldn't have had light as good as today.

We should get the photos in two to three weeks. I'm hoping sooner so we can show one at our engagement party during Thanksgiving!

And in actual running news:

This morning's Back on My Feet run was a timed mile, instead of our usual 1-4 mile jaunts. I decided to "race" it as best as I could (being careful to not cause more damage to my shin) to see where I was at. After more than a month with out speed work I was surprised when I came in at 7:49. I was equally surprised at how painful it felt. Must do speed work again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!