Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An Engagement (Party) to Remember

On Friday evening my Mom threw an amazing engagement party for Mike and I.


Usually we'd all be pulling our hair out trying to get everything ready, but we decided to make it simple and hired a caterer. They made everything completely stress free!




We had heat lamps ready to go outside, but we lucked out and the weather was a nice 55-60 degrees. 



The food was amazing and they were able to accommodate our vegan requests. 


I picked up some cookies from Whole Foods to supplement dessert. I may have also hidden an extra box for myself for later...

My future MIL picked up two vegan cakes. They were so yummy, especially the vanilla one, which had strawberries inside!


I had a great time hanging out with everyone and I think both families really got along well. It was a nice preview for the wedding.

Mom, me, and Caitlin
My soon-to-be other half
Even the girls joined the party (and got lots of attention of course)
Caitlin was really (really!) excited when she found out there was vegan cake


Cutting the cake

It was a great night and now this whole wedding thing seems real. I'm getting married ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!