Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Wedding Post

Guess what arrived this weekend?? The wedding photos!!!!! All 1800 of them. Safe to say I spent half of my Saturday oogling at them. I'm so, so pleased at how they came out and I feel like I got to relive the whole wonderful day all over again.

Getting Ready




Wedding Choos!


My beautiful sister


First Look & Bridal Party

Mike and I opted to see each other before the ceremony in order to save ourselves from too many photos during cocktail hour.

Who's that handsome fellow?


I went with my instincts for the bridal party and picked black. Boring maybe, but I'm so happy I went with something I knew I wouldn't get tired with by the time the wedding rolled around. I think everyone looked pretty sharp!








Ceremony

We had a self-uniting ceremony, which means that we didn't need to have a priest or judge or any sort of official there to marry us. My aunt kindly agreed to be the "MC" and we wrote the entire ceremony ourselves from scratch. We picked out three readings that were special to us (The Romance by Shel Silverstein, the Apache Wedding Blessing, and selection from The Velveteen Rabbit) and also wrote our own vows. I was extremely nervous about my vows and I sobbed through the whole thing, but I would have totally regretted not doing them. Best decision ever.



I walked down the aisle to "Lovesong" by Adele. It had a little caribbean feel, which matched the perfectly sunny, cool weather

Cried like a baby through the whole thing



Groom's family
My family

Reception

We had our reception at the same location as the ceremony. It was a historic mansion that I fell in love with the moment I first saw it. The best part about the venue is that it was so beautiful that we didn't need to add a lot of details to make it special (which was a lot less stressful for me!)


I made the table numbers myself and I think they turned out pretty decent. Since most of our 100 guests came from DC or NY we decided to name the tables after popular Philadelphia streets. My aunt (the same one who was our ceremony MC) did all of the flowers. She is amazing!

The flower of the cake was meant to reflect the one on my dress and I picked square tiers to match my engagement ring, which is square as well.



For the actual dinner and dancing we moved into the Conservatory. It felt like we were playing Clue without the whole murder thing.


First dance to "La Vie en Rose" by Louis Armstrong (aka WALL-E, the best movie ever)


He asked for it...seriously he did
He got me back when he kissed me and rubbed his cake face all over my cheek. Touche sir.
We snuck out of the reception at sunset to grab some good photos

There are at least 10 photos of my hovering over the dessert table with this face. Don't mess with the bride's dessert!
Dance Party

I'm sure I'm a little biased, but this was seriously the best dance party I'd ever been too.





And the suit begins to unravel


I wish I could relive the day over and over again!

4 comments:

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!