Monday, September 19, 2011

The Weekend in Pictures (Including More RnR Photos!)

Friday night Mike and I drove 50 miles to Kingston, NJ to pick up my sister and her boyfriend Benny. They tried biking for New York City to Philadelphia. They had to call it quits after about 75 miles, but considering neither of them had ever biked more than 30 miles straight, 75 miles is damn impressive!

Caitlin was very happy to see me
She promptly (and rightfully so) passed out with the pups on the car ride to Philly
On Saturday morning (after we all slept in) my Mom joined us. Race weekend was upon us and the whole gang was here!



We saw some mummies (I LOVE mummies)...




Walked around town...




And played with the pups in the park...





And then it was time!


Benny (in the blue bow tie and white shirt above) took Mike's bib and ran the race. Even after 75+ miles of biking not more than 48 hours earlier, he still clocked a 7:04 pace and finished in 1 hour, 32 minutes! Totally crazy sauce!


After Mike lost me, Caitlin managed to grab some shots of me finishing:


This is the "where the heck did my butt go!?" shot
I was able to snatch the official race photos today too:




Afterwards Benny and I showed off out bling:



A great weekend! So glad my family came out and so glad the fall racing season is finally upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!