Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sick Day

All week I've been waking up with a stuffy nose and swollen glands. This is NOT the time to get sick! So I decided to use a sick day today and take it easy. To be quite honest, I'm also using this as a mental health day. While I've settled into classes quite nicely now, there are some things that have been piling up and I needed an extra day to get stuff together.

Today's to dos:
  • Laundry: It has been majorly piling up!
  • Flash Cards: I've been keeping up with the homework, but I'm way behind on my flash card making. Time to get nice and cozy with my Middle Egyptian textbook and draw some glyphs!
  • 11 mile run: While you may think that being sick and running don't go together, I would have to disagree. If I had a fever I'd surely be staying in bed, but running happens to be great for loosening up all that congestion and I always feel better afterwards. I did not run yesterday, even though I had speed work on my schedule. I have been dealing with some calf pain, and considering that this is "make it or break it" time, I need to be really careful. So I took the rest day and reorganized the rest of my runs for the week.
All in all I hope it will be a restful, yet productive day. And, let's not forget who I get to spend it with:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!