Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: Year of the Ultra

As I closed out 2011 on Saturday I also closed out my first entire year of running. It's weird to think that there was a time when I didn't run, but for a majority of 2010 and all the years before, that was the truth.

I didn't have too many running goals at the beginning of 2011. All I knew was that I wanted to run a half marathon. Anything beyond that didn't even cross my mind. If you told me I'd be running a marathon in November and training for a 50-miler afterwards I would have called you a liar. Yet, here I am.

2011 was a year to remember:
  • I ran my first half marathon

  • I ran my first marathon

  • I got into graduate school (and started in the fall)
What a typical weekend looks like when the semester is in swing
  • I got engaged
In the smelliest, sweatiest fashion possible I might add
  • I fell in love with running

  • 2011 Total Mileage: 1560

All in all I'd say it was a pretty successful year. Though I don't really believe in resolutions, I do believe in goals. So with that in mind here are some of my major goals/exciting things happening in 2012:
  • Run a 50k (next weekend ahh!)
  • Run a 50-miler (June)
  • Plan the rest of my wedding without losing my mind
  • Get married (June)
  • Start narrowing down possible topics for my Master's thesis
  • Move somewhere with more space when our lease is up (September)
  • Spend less time on the computer and more time enjoying life (get over my internet addiction)
  • Run at least 2,000 miles 
  • Stay injury free
What is ONE goal you have for 2012?

Also, please, please don't forget to VOTE for me to join Team Refuel! Vote 'Kristin Hoeberlein' once a day now through January 15th!

5 comments:

  1. 2011 was a hell a year for you and I'm sure 2012 will be even more exciting and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, your engagement photo :)

    This year I want to break 1:35 for the half marathon, but also have a lot of fun with racing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a HUGE year for you! Congrats on everything you did in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice goals! (And I'm a goals-not-resolutions person, too.)

    One goal: Break 24 minutes in a 5k.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!