Saturday, January 28, 2012

11 Random Things

Before I even get into this post I have to share with you something I picked up today at the farmer's market:


Yes, it is my favorite season of the year. Nothing like Girl Scout cookies to make you smile in the middle of winter!

Okay, on to the real point of this post. Beth tagged me for 11 Random Things, so here it is!

The Rules:
1) Post these rules
2) Post 11 random things about yourself
3) Answer the questions set for you in their post
4) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5) Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them

My 11 Random Things:

1) Unless I'm at the pool, the beach, or in my own shower I never ever walk around barefoot. It grosses me out. I always have a pair of flip flops or moccasins on me.

2) My dream races include Western States, the Berlin Marathon, and the Comrades Marathon.

3) I studied abroad in Rome for four months in college and fell absolutely in love with it. Being there reignited my love of archaeology.

4) It's my dream to live abroad for a few years at some point at get a job or go to school there.

5) I'm terrified of heights. I almost had a panic attack when Mike and I went to the top of the Empire State Building last February. The crazy wind up there didn't help.

6) When I was growing up my mother enrolled me in every program possible - ballet, gymnastics, horse back riding, karate, tap dance, etc. etc. I didn't always like going, but looking back I'm really happy she made me try different things. I hope to do the same for my kids.

7) Even though I'm totally into the barefoot/minimalist running trend I don't own a pair of Vibrams. My Morton's toe prevents them from fitting right.

8) I already have a list of baby girl names picked out even though that's (at least) a few years away. Can't seem to come up with any boy's names that I really like.

9) If I won the lottery I would quit my job and go to school forever. Learning is the best gift anyone could ever give. I would also run my dream races and travel a lot.

10) I went through a "rebellious" phase during my sophomore year of college, dyed my hair black, and got my noise pierced. I grew out of the phase four months later.

11) I was a daily smoker for five years between the ages of 18 and 23. I used to get winded walking up a flight of stairs. Now I can run 60 mile weeks. If I can do, so can you!

Beth's questions for me:

1) What is one bad habit you want to break? I bite my nails and cuticles all the time and have for as long as I can remember.

2) What is the best compliment you have ever received? After I started this blog a few people have told me that I'm a good writer. Writing has always been something that I was self-concious about so that was a nice compliment to hear.

3) If you were stranded on a desert island and had a case of food -- only one type of food -- what would it be? Chocolate chip cookies.

4) If you could have a beer with any person (living or dead) who would it be? Hmm, this is a tough one. I took a class all about Ptolemaic Egypt two years ago and after that I think talking to Cleopatra VII (the Great) would be very interesting. Actually that whole family was pretty messed up. It would make for a great episode of Jerry Springer!

5) What is your biggest pet peeve? Disorganization!!

6) Favorite song of all time? I don't have a favorite, but I could listen to Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" over and over again. It reminds me of my childhood when it was on the radio.

7) Guilty pleasure song? (You know - the one you rock out to when no one else is listening...) Anything Britney Spears. C'mon people, I was 13 when she blew up! What did you expect?!

8) Favorite vacation location? I've been going to Bermuda since I was little and absolutely love it there. Mexico is also pretty sweet.

9) Are you a re-reader or one-and-done? Definitely a re-reader. I really have no long term memory so re-reading is always still surprising!

10) What is the career you secretly dream about starting when you retire from your current job? I want to be an archaeologist and college professor. Hopefully I will retire from my current job in a few years to begin a Ph.D program and actually head down that path!

11) The place you wish you were right now, instead of being at a computer? Trail running, which I'm going to do later today!

11 questions for my tags:

1) Favorite kind of Girl Scout Cookie?

2) Flats or heels?

3) What guilty pleasure website do you visit nearly every day?

4) Ice cream or frozen yogurt?

5) Three things you would do if you won one million dollars in the lottery?

6) What's one hobby you never thought you would get into?

7) Would you rather have a job you dislike that makes you a lot of money or a job you love that pays next to nothing?

8) Trails or roads?

9) What is your favorite race distance? Or, if you haven't sampled too many, what is your dream race distance?

10) What was your favorite subject in school and why? 

11) Favorite non-sweating activity?

TAG!!

To anyone else who wants to play along leave a comment here with a link to your blog and answer my questions!

3 comments:

  1. Haha thanka for the tag- the bummer is that EVERYONE has done it and so there's nobody left for me to pass it along to. fun stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog via middleagedrunner up there... i have a mortons toe too! haha. stupid. and youll probably have twin boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 your answer to all the questions, but I especially like your random fact #9. Hooray lifelong learning! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!