Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Part Deux

Though I was not planning to post on this theme again right away, after reading something this weekend, I decided I just had to write this follow up to my last post.

I recently started reading Running the Edge by Adam Goucher and Tim Catalano and last night I came across this passage which, I think, really sums up exactly "what it is about running":

"'Pretend I am a person who can only see the world in black-and-white. Now imagine you need to explain to me what the color blue looks like. How would you do it?...'Being a runner is like being able to see the color blue'...it feels natural and easy. Your legs feel powerful and strong. Your breath, heartbeat, and muscles have found a rhythm and harmony working together in perfect balance. You get a sense that this is what all humans were meant to do, and you feel a connection to your primitive ancestors, as if you have discovered what you were always meant to be...you unlocked the secret to a new understanding, just as the person who has never seen in color opens her eyes to the see the color blue."

Pretty perfect, right?

Have you read "Running the Edge?" Did you like it?

3 comments:

  1. Love that and indeed perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but thanks for the review. I just received my free copy of Train Like A Mother...my review will come shortly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!