Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Apology Letter to My Left Shin

Dear Left Shin,

I'm sorry for running you ragged without any rest.

I'm sorry for not icing.

I'm sorry for not stretching.

I'm sorry for not doing other activities that would give you a break.

I'm sorry for not building the other muscles around you to take some of the weight off your shoulders.

I'm sorry for beating you up with my fists when you weren't cooperating and making you hurt even more.

I'm sorry for being grumpy and negative when you probably needed positive reinforcement.

I'm sorry for calling you "shitty" and yelling other curse words in your general direction.

I'm sorry for not appreciating you when you helped me do amazing things.

I'm sorry for getting mad at you when I should have been mad at myself.

I'm sorry for not taking care of you every day.

I'm sorry for expecting so much out of you without helping out.

You can run 10 miles. You can run 30. And some day you will run 50 and 100.


I can be better. I will be better.

Love, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!