Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Six Week Running Injury by the Numbers

I like numbers. Here are some from the past six weeks:

Number of spin classes attended: 11

Number of trips to the pool: 10

Number of yoga classes: 5

Number of actual rest days: 13

Number of trips to the doctor: 1

Number of PT appointments: 4 (with 3-4 more weeks to come)

Number of pounds gained: 4-5 (sad, but true)

Number of dollars lost on DNS races: $250

Number of ice packs now at home in my freezer: 3

Number of times I regretted ever having run at all: zero

Number of times I regretted not backing off more on training: countless

Number of times I regretted doing the race that probably sealed the deal on my injury: zero (best day ever)

Number of new pairs of running shoes I purchased: 2 (yup, even though I couldn't use them)

Number of times I'm allowed to run during the first two weeks of recovery: every 3rd day

Number of weeks I estimate it will take me to get back to pre-injury mileage: 6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!