Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rock Star Runs

I had a whole other post planned for today (which I will post tomorrow instead), but after two awesome, rock star runs in the past 24 hours I had to take a moment to celebrate them!

Last night I had a 3 mile make up run. I was supposed to do a 7 miler on Tuesday, my last day in Bermuda, which I decided to break up to give me a few more minutes milling around the island. I ran 4 miles in the morning and was planning to do the other 3 when I got home that night. Little did I know Mike was planning to lock me inside the house once I got home as punishment for leaving him for 4 days. Needless to say I was not permitted to leave the apartment to run.

In Tuesday night's Mike vs. my 3 mile run, this stud won
So I made the miles up last night, after a very successful speed workout that morning. I was really stressed out before my run, worrying about how busy I am going to be the next few months (more details on this in tomorrow’s post). Mike finally pushed me out the door. Fueled with stress I ran hard and fast and before you know it I was back at my house.

Rock Star Workout #1: 3.18 miles, 24:30, 7:42 pace!

(This was supposed to be an “easy” run. HA!)

Fast forward to today when I had another 7 miler on my schedule and this one I was planning to run consecutively. This would be my first weekday 7 miler. Previous to this I was doing 6 miles every Tuesday/Thursday. I decided to go immediately after work. I stopped these after-work runs 4 weeks ago because it got too beastly hot out, instead waiting until 7:30pm to go. But since the weather has cooled a little bit and the sun is setting earlier everyday I decided to return to my 4pm run.

Rock Star Workout #2: 7.15 miles, 1:00:53, 8:30 pace!

Rock star attitude after rock star run
For someone who has previously (as in, within the last few weeks) had trouble pulling a 9:00 pace over 6 miles, this is a huge success! It feels like a great way to start weekday 7 milers!

I realize that for some, these workouts don’t seem so awesome, but what’s important is my progress and my experience. Not anyone else’s. So what if I can’t be anyone else’s rock star? At least I can be my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!