Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm So Spoiled and Other News

It’s been almost three weeks since Mike started his new job at Penn and so far he has yet to tire of seeing my silly face for lunch everyday. He also has yet to tire of taking pictures of me and my lunch. Example below:

We went to Hummus today. The salad (greens, hummus, avocado, chick peas, cucumbers, tomatoes) was alright. The real star of my meal was the whole wheat pita!

The pita that won my heart
As a person who often takes greater pleasure in the bread basket at restaurants than the actual entree, I feel qualified to tell you that this was some of the best pita I’ve ever had. Fluffy, warm, melts in your mouth. In fact, next time I’m just going to order 5 pita for lunch. Who needs a balanced meal when you’ve got delicious pita and hummus?

Anyways, what was I saying...I’m really hoping that Penn decides to make the smart decision and put Mike’s and my department (which have the least amount to do with each other than anything in the whole world) together in the same building. Then I will get to stare at his cute face all day! Until then though, I’ll just have to settle with him being a block away and only seeing him every morning, lunch hour, evening, night, and weekends. Life is tough :/

In other news, today is a rest day. My legs feel surprisingly fine after my 16 miler yesterday. They feel fine for walking, though I imagine if I made any attempt to actually run they wouldn’t feel so spry. In honor of my rest day I also got a sports massage. It was delicious. I’m hoping the masseuse doesn’t think it’s weird when clients almost pass out and start drooling mid-massage. They probably see that all the time right?

Post-massage, ready for a nap
In other, other news, I just joined a gym! Well, okay I already belong to a gym, but the only thing good about it is that it’s a half block away. The equipment is old and falling apart and their hours are terrible (I’m talking 9-5 on a Saturday). I wasn’t planning on joining any gym after my membership ran up, but upon greater reflection I realize I may actually want to get a treadmill workout in every once in awhile. And I may in fact be forced to do so as the weather turns bad this winter. My membership with the crappy gym is up in September so I took advantage of a brand new gym opening just 4 blocks away. They already have a super awesome, well-reviewed location elsewhere in Philly. And not only will everything be high tech and functional, but their hours are better and they have spin class! I have been wanting to get into spin for awhile and my sister says its totally kick ass. I can’t wait to add it into my training!
And in BIG, BIG, TOTALLY AWESOME news, Mike went for his first run today in 5 weeks!!!!! He ran 3 miles!
A super duper happy Mike after his own redemption run!
He has been dealing with a bad heel spur in his left foot for over the last month. He got his last cortisone shot last week and has been breaking in his orthotics for about 5 days. I'm encouraging him to take it only a little bit at a time, starting with just a few miles and at least a day's rest between running. As we know though, Mike has his own theories on training plans. Oh well, at least he's running again. I couldn't be happier for him and I can't wait until we can run together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!