Wednesday, October 17, 2012

JFK Training: Week 15

A little late with the recap this week. Still recovering from Baltimore on Saturday.

Oh so much pain by the time I reached the finish

Monday 10/8:


15.65 mile bike

I've been completely resting on Mondays and taking the bus to work, but after last week's cutback week I felt like I had a lot of energy and didn't want to be stuck on public transit. It felt great to get back on my back after a few days off. Mike and I are starting to invest in some winter gear. Right now that includes a pair of leg warmers that I can roll under my bike shorts, gloves, and a pullover. Its only been around 50 degrees and I'm already freezing on the ride in. I have no idea how I will survive December bike commuting!

Tuesday 10/9:

6.13 mile run
15.65 mile bike

Nothing special here. Blah blah blah another 6 mile run.

Wednesday 10/10:

5.96 mile run AM
15.65 mile bike
6.01 mile run PM

I've been avoiding biking and doing doubles in the same day, but I felt good and I knew I wanted to take it easy the rest of week so I stacked them.

Thursday 10/11:

4.44 mile run
15.65 mile bike

For the first time ever I think, I ran during my lunch break. My coworker and I did a few laps around a park near work and barely broke a sweat thanks to the cooler weather. I am going to try and make this a Thursday tradition for now on.
Friday 10/12:

3.03 mile run

My version of a mini-taper for Baltimore. I was considering not running at all, but with all of the mileage I've been laying down could a super easy 3 miler relaly do any harm?

Saturday 10/13:
26.2 mile run - Baltimore Marathon!

Still running 8:30s for some amazingly strange reason
Sunday 10/14

10.84 mile run 6.13 mile run

I really did have every intention on getting 10-ish miles done on Sunday and in the afternoon I headed out for my usual run along the river. By mile 3, however, after I had already had to stop twice to walk because of calf cramping, I called it a day and headed home. I was a little upset to lose the mileage, but if thats the cost of running a sub-3:50 marathon the day before then I will happily take it!

Week 15 Totals

57.91 miles running
46.95 miles biking

Only two more weeks until taper!

2 comments:

  1. your training freaking rocks, I wish my body would hold up with that kind of mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that's a lot of miles before a killer marathon! Nice work! I ran 3 miles after my marathon and was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!