Monday, October 8, 2012

JFK Training: Week 14

I was really lame this week and took practically no pictures, so sorry in advance for this extra boring post. Luckily my husband did happen to capture a lovely pic of me passed out of the couch with the pups.

This is what 50 Mile training does to me in the middle of a Sunday
This week was a cutback week and I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately work was insanely busy, so while I ran fewer miles, I was still as tired as ever thanks to some early mornings and late evenings at my job.

Monday 10/3:

REST

After spending the previous day in my pivot shorts and compression sleeves post-25-miler, I was feeling surprisingly good and had very limited soreness. Score 1 for adaptability!

Tuesday 10/2:

5.04 mile run
15.65 mile bike

I was so exhausted all week, that I ended up sleeping through most of my morning runs and saving them for the evening. This turned into a bad call, because Tuesday evening was around 98% humidity. I felt like I was swimming through a swamp.

Wednesday 10/3:

5.08 mile run

Another super humid evening run. I was supposed to go 6, but couldn't muster the tolerance to stay outside any longer.

Thursday 10/4:

6.02 mile run
15.65 mile bike

I had planned for Thursday to be a double day, so I had to run in the AM. Sadly it took me way over an hour because I was so exhausted and it still felt like swamp outside. I literally could have curled up on the side of road and passed out. I kept reminding myself that I made it through 25 really difficult miles only 5 days earlier, so 6 miles was no big deal, but even that logic didn't make it feel any better.

By the time I got home after work I was in no mood to run. All I wanted was some ginger tea and my bed, so I decided to save the double run for the weekend since I had lower mileage planned.

Friday 10/5:

7.28 mile run

Finally a sort of decent run! Or maybe I was just excited that it was finally Friday. Or maybe because I feel asleep at 8:30 pm the night before. Either and any way, things were finally looking up!

Saturday 10/6:

10.69 mile run AM
5.87 mile run PM

Saturday morning I let myself sleep in. Turns out nowadays that is only 7 am. Mike and I got out for a run around 9 am and it was already pretty sunny and warm out. Of course we made the mistake not to bring water and even though I had eaten monstrous amounts of food the night before I was so hungry when I got up that I felt like my stomach was eating itself. The combination of all of that meant that I really struggled during an otherwise easy 10 mile run. I just wanted it to end the whole time so I could get home and drink the entire Brita.

My make-up double run ended up being a great idea for Saturday. The two runs perfectly bracketed my sit-on-your-fat-ass-and-do-nothing kind of day. When I left at 5 pm for the second round you wouldn't have known I'd even struggled during the morning run just six hours before. With a 10 degree drop in temperature and some food and water in me, I thoroughly enjoyed an easy 6 miler

Sunday 10/7:

10.84 mile run

Do you know what Sunday was? PERFECT RUNNING WEATHER. It has freaking arrived people. 52 degrees, breezy, and overcast. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the week. I spent most of the day cozy in my sweatpants and then left to run in the late afternoon. Before I knew it I was back home, having crushed nearly 11 miles in an average 8:30 pace. Where the hell did that come from?? I'll tell you where: PERFECT RUNNING WEATHER! Hopefully fall is finally on its way.

Perfect running weather also means sweater season for Chloe
 
Week 14 Totals

50.82 miles running
31.3 miles biking

I'm ready to kick into high gear for three more weeks and then its taper time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!