Thursday, August 16, 2012

What this Bermuda Vacation Was Made Of

I've been coming to Bermuda since I was just a baby. It's nice coming back to a place every year where you know what to expect. And while I've seen most of the island by this point (its only 21 square miles), I still get to experience new things every time I come and my old favorites as well.

This year I:

Enjoyed a much needed nap upon arrival

Followed by a short run to the beach




In which my sister and I both drowned in sweat



Took a stroll down to the square in St. George's



And played around on the replicas



Tried to accessorize with my cast



Enjoyed a meal at one of our favorite restaurants



Spent half the day at my favorite beach in the world, Achilles Bay



Ate muesli with greek yogurt and fruit every morning

Re-read some of my favorite dystopian fiction

Explored, for the first time, the Bermuda Railway Trail






Experienced, for the first time, having to bag my cast because of the rain




Curled up on the couch in a coffee house to enjoy some tea and more reading

Had dinner in the capital




Had a blast with my sister



Missed my husband

Returned home to a picture perfect summer day in Philadelphia



Planned to return again next year to do it all over again (expect without the cast)

3 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun!! and you and your sis look a TON alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you post these on fb or send them to me please? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a PERFECT trip.
    (Well... except for the swampy cast. But that's temporary.) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!