Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012 in Review

What a freaking crazy month. Broke my hand, got sun poisoning, and now I have a terrible case of contact dermatitis all over my right arm after swipping a tree on my ride to work Monday. I've got to tell you, I'm so ready for September and (hopefully) a fresh start.

Mileage Recap

A year ago - August 2011: 172.62
January: 181.21
February: 86.84
March: 6
April: 89.59
May: 128.43
June: 137.72
July: 200.1
August: 177.48

I'm kind of pissed at that number. I really should have been north of 200 like July, but things happen like terrible sun poisoning that keeps you from sweating at all for a few days. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Cross Training Recap

176.3 miles road cyling
1000 m swam
3 Pilates classes
2 Boxing classes

What went well

Despite all of the unhappy stuff that happened this month some pretty sweet stuff went on too like a 25 mile training run that wasn't really difficult at all. It makes me very optimistic and excited to push ahead with JFK training!
What didn't go well

Umm I think I mentioned all of the crappy things that happened. This poison whatever-I-have on my right arm is a real bitch and I can't even bend at the elbow. Not to mention it's freaking disgusting. I look forward to a month when I will have full use of both arms for the entire 30 days.

September 2012 Goals

I don't know that I'll continue doing Pilates on a regular basis because 1) it's expensive and 2) classes start next week and who knows if I'll have the time. What this means is that I really need to do my PT exercises on my own every other night since I won't be able to rely on Pilates to work those muscles for me.

After having to take the spring off from racing because of injury and opting to take the summer off as well, I'm absolutely stoked for fall racing season! I have 1-2 races every month through Thanksgiving so my calendar is laying out nicely. First up: Tough Mudder next Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, you poor thing. Hopefully September will bring less drama. Good job on your mileage! My new domain is sweatismysanity.com (formerly runningtobeskinny.com). Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god, girl! You need a vacation. Or a drink. Or both?

    Cheers to better luck in September!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!