Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 2012 in Review

Half way through 2012. Wow, that was fast!

Mileage Recap

A year ago - June 2011: 124.19
January: 181.21
February: 86.84
March: 6
April: 89.59
May: 128.43
June: 137.72

Cross Training Recap

167.95 miles road cycling
1000 m swam
3 Pilates classes
3 Xtend Barre classes

What went well

I got in two 12 mile long runs. The longest I've gone since early February. I also did a few back to backs, started some awesome hill work, and made a wise, but hard decision to forego Lone Ranger, which would now be a mere two weeks away. I also got interviewed by dailymile, which was pretty cool.

Oh yeah, and I also got married!!!

What didn't go well

I would have really liked to get more swimming in this month, and to be honest I was hoping for more miles than I logged, but I suppose honeymooning for almost half the month is good enough excuse.

July 2012 Goals

July will be a good month I think. For one, I'll be participating in Run to the Finish's 30 Day Ab Challenge. Love me some ab work!

Secondly, I'm hoping to start building a good mileage platform during July and August to help feed into my fall races. Bring on the longer runs and the 50 mile weeks! I'm ready for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!