Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy National Running Day!

One might say that now a days there is a holiday for everything. And while I don't buy into most of them, there are a handful I love to embrace.

Due to a self-imposed six week dessert fast leading up to my wedding (seriously I could kill someone for a piece of candy right now), I was not able to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on May 15th. Nor was I able to celebrate the slightly less exciting (to me) but-hey-it's-still-delicious-baked-goods National Doughnut Day last Friday. I am, however, thoroughly embracing National Running Day on this fine June 6th of 2012 (as is apparently every other runner on the blogosphere).


After I made the decision last week to forego Lone Ranger, I have happily been settling into my run-when-I-want-to pattern.

Source

So this morning I hopped out of bed at quarter to 5, got Mike to put on his running shoes with me, and headed out for a glorious 6.7 mile run along the river. It was so chilly that I had to wear long sleeves, which was a refreshing change from the pipping hot weather we've been having.


After work I biked home and thought, "You know what? I feel like running again!" So that's exactly what I did. I don't think I've done a double run since late last summer or early fall. And what I remember from those days is feeling fantastic and always having a lot of laundry to do.

Double runs = double outfits = double the laundry! For a good cause though.
3.5 miles later I rounded out National Running Day with an easy 10 miles total. Not a bad way to celebrate!

How did you celebrate National Running Day? Group run? Register for a race? Donate to a running charity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!