Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Happy news people! Mike and I have officially signed the lease on our new house!

We've come a long way in our living situation together. Back in 2008 we had our first co-habitation experience in a 422 square foot studio in DC (no better way to find out if you're a truly compatible couple, right?). Then we hiked it up to Philly where the going was good and the rents were cheaper and we snagged an amazing one bedroom. We've lived in our lovely apartment for nearly 3 years now, and while we adore it and the fantastic Center City experience, we're ready for more space. So, mid-May we will be moving into our very own (okay, rented still) three bedroom (count 'em THREE!) house just outside Center City.

The concept of having more than two rooms, let alone a whole building to ourselves is enough to make me giddy. To tell you the truth I've never wanted to live outside the downtown area. With everything at our fingertips (hello Trader Joe's and Lululemon) and a mile long bike ride to work you could say I am completely set. Really, the only thing that sealed the deal for me in terms of moving out of downtown was better access to this:





Since we found our new home I've been mapping and re-mapping new routes to try out. Sure it will be a 15 mile round trip bike ride to work, but I'm only ONE MILE from this:



CANNOT CONTAIN EXCITEMENT!!

Sorry for going all Kayne West on you with the caps. If I could shout my level of happiness in your face I totally would.

How do I know moving further out is the right decision? I don't. I could totally hate it and curse myself every morning because I now have an actual commute into work. What I can tell you is that the idea of being able to run in the area that we're moving to every single day is making me absurdly jubilant, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Have new running routes ever dictated one of your moves? What MUST you have easy access to from your home?

8 comments:

  1. Wow- that looks great! So excited for you!! As someone who is still the in the inner-city-shoebox stage of life, I am definitely jealous of all that space. Plus those trails look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy. My husband and I have the problem of just wanting to get more and more away from people apartment to house and now we want land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET trails to live so close to! And a couple more miles on the bike will probably be a good thing...unless it is snowing or raining.
    Btw-thats not Pennypack Park is it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forbidden Drive! I don't think I've actually been to Pennypack before. Must get up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    That is excellent news. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Awesome and congrats (big adult life step!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love living in a house too. Being close to good running trails is definitely a priority and it looks like you're close to some beautiful one! Happy running near your new home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky!! That trail looks so serene and beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!