Monday, April 23, 2012

Double Digit Weekend

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. This week is the end of the semester and finals start so things have been a little crazed.

Good news though: I ran my first double digit mileage weekend in TEN weeks! Seems crazy to think it's been that long.

It's now been a little over four weeks since I've had any pain and exactly four weeks since I started running again. But even though it has been a month, I still cannot seem to move past the feeling that my shin will start hurting at any moment. I still spend every run over-analyzing every twinge and feeling of tightness. And whether I'm running, walking, or sitting, my left shin always feels different from my right. Not painful, just different. I know that much of this must be mental, but I shouldn't be pushing it anyway, so I suppose this is all helping to keep me in check.

Saturday morning I ran 8 miles, my longest run since getting injured. Apparently 8 am was already too late in the day to run, because at 70-some degrees I felt like I was dying in the heat.

Taken after a run last summer. Kind of how I was starting to feel on Saturday (and it's only April!)

Sunday I really had no intention to run. In fact, I was planning to go on a nice long bike ride. I bought actual bike shorts and was stoked to try them out. Unfortunately the weather had other plans and it poured all day. So what's a girl to do? I tripled checked in with my legs to see if they were up for it and ended up running a glorious, albeit wet, 6.5 miles.

The next challenge was dealing with this rainy, rat's nest of hair
I ended up scoring about 29 miles for the week and I couldn't be happier. Two weeks until Broad Street!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the successful weekend runs. Sounds like the leg issue is under control and you are handling it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weekly mileage!!!!! I also find that when I double up my runs/workouts on weekends they go better for some reason (rather than taking Saturday as a rest day and doing my long run on Sunday) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Glad that things are going well as you get back into high mileage territory! The weather here is just awful today- glad I fit in my long run yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, that's awesome!!! (I always braid my pony, no knots!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!