Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Hot Night and a Cool Afternoon

So far my weekend is turning out a little different than I had planned. It all started Friday evening. Mike and I headed to Sweetgreen for dinner. We made sure to hit up the sweetflow too since its hot as heck! Afterwards we went back home to cool off in the a/c and flipped the channels looking for a movie. Then, at 9pm, just as I was thinking about turning in, everything went dark. The electricity had blown out on our half of the block, probably due to the fact that everyone was running all of their window units on high. Any other time of the year I might not have freaked out. Friday night, however, we were two days into a ridiculous heat wave. The temperature was not supposed to go below 80 degrees that night and humidity was very unforgiving. Our immediate fear was that it would get too hot for the dogs. We couldn’t open the window since it was still boiling outside. Instead we all laid out on the hardwood floor in the living room and tried to be as still as possible to keep our body temperatures down. Thankfully at 5am, 8 hours later, the air came back on and we dragged ourselves into the bedroom hoping to get some actual sleep.

Needless to say we were exhausted by the time the sun came up and there was no way we were getting up for boxing at 6am. Instead we slept until 8am and I headed out for a 4 mile run around 9.  It was already pretty nasty outside by that time and I barely made it back home without passing out. I was really upset we missed boxing. So when I got back from my run and found Mike jumping rope and doing crunches I grabbed our gloves and decided to have our own boxing class! 350 crunches: check. 50 push ups: check. Jump rope: check. Unfortunately by the time we got to the boxing part I was ready to throw in the towel after my run and all of that conditioning. At least I had good intentions! Also, I wanted to get on to our next activity: pool party!!!


Our friend’s in Baltimore were throwing a crab fest and pool party. We missed the occasion last year so I was really excited to go this time. I’m allergic to shellfish so I did not partake in the crab massacre. No problem though. I was perfectly content sitting in their pool for 4 hours. We got home around 8:30pm and grabbed some fro-yo again to cool off. Sigh...I miss the pool already. This would be so much easier if the landlord just let me build one in my living room like I wanted!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!