Friday, July 29, 2011

Delicious (and Nutritious!) - Let's Get Naked

Welcome to another edition of Delicious (and Nutritious)! Today’s honorary foodie item is Naked Juice. Now normally I am not really a juice person. Or rather, I love juice, but I usually avoid it. Many people forget that juices are actually high in calories, sugars, and carbohydrates, especially if you are not drinking 100%. Its not hard to forget about eating a meal or a snack, but drinking juice can easily be done without thought and you might not remember to add it into your daily calorie count. Usually I stick to water only, with a cup of green or white tea in the morning, and 1-2 glasses of white wine over the entire week, usually on Friday night (oh how different from college days!).

I do make exceptions, however, for Naked Juice! I usually have 3-4 a week and use them as a snack during the workday. They are all made 100% from fresh fruits and veggies and have no artificial flavors, added sugars, or preservatives. Hate eating your vegetables? Well then drink them instead! If you are worried about or have trouble getting enough servings of fruits and veggies then I urge you to try a Naked Juice. They are a great mid-morning or late afternoon pick me up.

Yum yum delicious!
There are a variety of different drinks including fruit juices, fruit smoothies, protein smoothies, and even coconut water. And within each of those categories are enough options to keep you excited for quite some time!

My absolute favorite is Green Machine. “Looks weird, tastes amazing,” their slogan for this particular flavor, pretty much sums it up. Most might be turned off by the dark, seaweed-green color and the noted addition of spinach, broccoli, garlic, blue green algae, and others on the side of the bottle (of course that’s what attracted me to it!). I assure you friends, it tastes delicious! Every time I take a sip it’s like I can feel all the delicious, nutritious nutrients swimming around in my body. I’m also a fan of Mighty Mango, Blue Machine, and Orange Carrot. Pick one up and try it for yourself!

In my fridge this week

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!