Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday Weekend Wrap Up

I celebrated my 26th birthday on Friday doing pretty much the exact same thing I do every Friday: go to work. Bleck! All jobs should come with an automatic birthday vacation day if you ask me.

In any event, I went to work, but had plans to run with my sister after work and then go out to dinner with her and Mike. Unfortunately her bus was super lame and decided to arrive 2 hours late, so I did not get to do the one thing I want to do every day, especially my birthday, which was run. Instead we skipped it and went straight to dinner at one of my favorite Philly restaurants, Audrey Claire.


The food was amazing, as usual. We made sure to sample several appetizers.

Pear/gorgonzola flat bread, hummus trio, and the most amazing effing brussels sprouts with parmesan you've ever had
I had the salmon for an entree. I'm not the biggest fan of green beans, but these may have changed that.


Mike had the lamb. I tried a piece of it and nearly jumped across the table and went face first into his plate. WOW.


Caitlin had a salad topped with deliciously whipped goat cheese and strawberries. Mmmm.


Not long after dinner we passed out in a well-deserved food coma and woke up Saturday morning ready to run! The three of us headed out bright and early for a run along the river and knocked out about 9 miles.

Little sisters are always trying to copy big sisters :)
After our run Caitlin and I met our mom, who kindly drove up from DC, and we went to the wedding venue to talk about flowers.

In the bridal suite
I can't believe the wedding is less than 5 weeks away! So much to do, but I'm seriously getting excited. Eek!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! those dinners look amazing, I got hungry just looking at them. Have fun counting down to your wedding- you're going to be a busy girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    That lamb comment made me laugh. :)
    Glad you had a great birthday dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love chocolate. Leave 'em!